Hi Vishwa

As far as I’m aware, Vivado does not support Virtex 5 or 6, so can’t be used
for ROACH1 or ROACH2 designs.

The Xilinx + Matlab stack is hard enough to get working on officially
sanctioned distribution, so using RHEL7 will probably just give you stability
issues and installation woes. For a compilation machine, stability is *by far*
more important than having a newer OS.

That said, I’m guessing that RHEL7 would probably work fine, and that the
install process would essentially be the same. Only one way to find out…

Regards
Danny