Meena,
     I second your points.  Gardening for wildlife (especially birds)
is a great project, a lot of fun and a delight when the birds come.
Regi

I am also a fan of Spice Bush (lindera benzoin) and Winterberry,
among many others.   Something as simple as Black Eyed Susans and
Cone flowers (leave them up in the fall) are good for birds and easy to grow.
Big bluestem is also very cool.  You get the point....