  From: Neil F. Belcher
  To: CAYUGABIRDS-L
  Cc: Karel V. Sedlacek ; Cynthia L. Sedlacek ; Stephanie P. Herrick
  Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 8:16 PM
  Subject: RE:[cayugabirds-l] snowy owl

  Karel Sedlacek and I made our way up there at 1:45 pm and found a Snowy (same
one I suppose) north of that location at the intersection of Indian Field Rd
and Townline Rd. It was perched on top of a telephone pole on the east side of
the road.

  Karel streamed it live -
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/3414738/events/2657890

  It caught a critter and had some lunch (see "Video on Snowy -- Clip 2"
starting at 00:10:00 on the clip).

  Some of the best shots are on "Video on Snowy -- Clip 2" starting at 1:33 on
the clip - on a fence post on Indian Field Rd, 300 yds north of the
farm/intersection - at eye level - got scared away by a passing tractor.

  We believe it to be either an adult female or a first year male. It moved
from pole to pole up and down Indian Field Road and eventually settled  in a
corn stubble field east of our first location. It appeared to center its
movement around the farm at that intersection. We met the farm owner and they
said that this was the first they had seen it (they were also watching it) this
year but had seen one last year.

  An absolutely magnificent bird, I will never forget those eyes!

  Happy New Year!!!

  -Neil Belcher