You can try, but you are probably wasting time.
I`ve asked the same question (because i`ve had the same issues) at
networkers in Barcelona, but no results.
The statement is, we don`t care how you do it, as long as it works, so for
instance , if you have 4 questions that can only be tested if you have an E1
up, however you failed to set it up correctly.
And you are sure you have the 4 remaining questions correct, you will fail
all 5 questions (basterds !!!)

It`s not fair i know, however at the moment we are stuck with this kind of
grading.

sorry.

erik