I had both POTS and VOIP dial-peer .  Same results on both pots and VOIP.

Cheers
Narinder

From: Edi Hamlet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 3 October 2008 1:44 PM
To: Kumar, Narinder; ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] BACD Issue

where did you attach the aa application? on POTS or VOIP dial peer?

Try to verify the AA service by calling from IP Phone registered to CME
directly to AA pilot number. Create VOIP dial peer in order for IP Phone to be
able to call to AA pilot number

!
dial-peer voice 4000 voip
 service aa
 incoming called-number 4000
 destination-pattern 4000
 session target ipv4:<loopback or CME ip address>
 codec g711ulaw
 no vad
 dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
!

I think AA service will work fine and you will hear welcome prompt if all AA
parameters are set correctly with correct spelling.