Thanks for the answers; this is what I'm trying to figure out:

(Local call Massachusetts)  Route pattern 8.617xxxxxxx

Device pool A ----> Local route group A -----> gateway A

(Situation) Gateway A goes down or the PRI goes down.

Can a phone in Device pool A re-route its outbound local call route out
Gateway B's (California) PRI Pre-pending a 1

  _____