There should only be one call on a port.  UNLESS you are on your deskphone
talking to a customer and VPN'ed into that customer's network using IP
Communicator (PC connected to phone) to solve an issue on their system.  Then
the policing policy (does that count as a repetitive redundancy?) breaks.
Cisco is just trying to limit the amount of bandwidth coming into one specific
port because we know a little bit about the traffic characteristics of some of
the traffic (voice).  I think you know this, maybe not the exception I thought
of above.

Yea, and that guy's article doesn't apply the "service policy in" on any
interface.  And he's restricting data to 5Mb/s.  Let's all buy (or sell)
expensive Gigabit phones (x5's) and restrict the network port to 5Mb.  Oh well.
 First customer I did that on, I would be driving back over there to remove,
I'd say in about 1 day.  That's not my comment on the bottom, but sounds right
on.

Some more investigation is needed, but I think the statement "allow one voice
call per switchport VVLAN." means for each port that has a voice vlan defined,
allow 128K RTP and 32K signaling. There's a bunch of restrictions they mention.
 I would have to believe in 4 years later that these had to be taken care of.
I'm using 122-35SE2.  Let's check some updated QoS documentation to see what's
up.  I can try to look at this some more sometime later in the week.  I don't
think we should follow too closely the SRND when it comes to the 3750 QoS.
Maybe a combination of QoS SRND, then validate / update the info witht he CCM
7.x SRND and whatever other QoS documents we can find on the 3750.