Hey everyone,

I wanted see if anyone had any ideas as to what may be wrong here.  I
have set up the MGCP gateway correctly as far as I can tell.  It is
registered with CUCM.  Attached is the GW's config as well as show
ccm-manager, show isdn status and the call routing elements.

Everything configuration wise seems to be working.  I have a registered
status in CUCM and on the GW.  Everything seems pretty standard with the
routing elements.

I have repeatedly done a no mgcp, mgcp to restart the mgcp process.  I
have physically unplugged the t1 cable to restart it.  I have deleted
and reconfigured the GW in CUCM as well as on the GW itself.  I changed
the "Stop Routing on Unallocated Number" Service Parameter to False
(which I know probably isn't effecting anything related to this).   I've
restarted and/or activated/deactivated all of the various related
feature services.   I'm sure there's more I've done as I've been trying
to figure this out for almost two days.  Also, the debug isdn q931 isn't
producing any output, which is odd to me.  I keep getting a fast busy
whenever I dial any numbers.  I don't have access to the PSTN router's
configuration, however I know it was working as I was able to make phone
calls to it when I first got here, but now that I've done my own
configuration it is not working anymore.  Also, one of the engineers who
set it up verified the configuration for me.

Please help!  It is very much appreciated. J

Jeff Price
Network Consulting Engineer - Unified Communications Practice

jeffp...@cisco.com <mailto:jeffp...@cisco.com>
Phone: 408-525-8293
Mobile: 408-204-4510

Cisco Systems, Inc.
170 West Tasman Drive,
San Jose, CA 95134-1706
USA
Cisco home page <http://www.cisco.com/>

 Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient.

Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended

the sender by reply email and

delete all copies of this message.

For corporate legal information go to:
<http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html>

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>

<<image003.gif>>

version 12.4
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
service password-encryption
!
hostname R1
!
boot-start-marker
boot system flash:c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T.bin
boot-end-marker
!
logging message-counter syslog
enable password 7 110A1A0C12
!
no aaa new-model
network-clock-participate wic 0
!
dot11 syslog
ip source-route
!
!
ip cef
!
!
no ipv6 cef
!
multilink bundle-name authenticated
!
!
!
!
isdn switch-type primary-ni
!
!
voice-card 0
!
!
!
!
!
archive
 log config
  hidekeys
!
!
!
!
!
controller T1 0/0/0
 pri-group timeslots 1-6,24 service mgcp
!
controller T1 0/0/1
!
!
!
!
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 description $ETH-LAN$$ETH-SW-LAUNCH$$INTF-INFO-GE 0/0$
 no ip address
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.102
 encapsulation dot1Q 102 native
 ip address 172.21.51.196 255.255.255.224
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.150
 encapsulation dot1Q 150
 ip address 10.5.100.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.250
 encapsulation dot1Q 250
 ip address 10.5.200.1 255.255.255.0
 ip helper-address 172.21.51.204
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 no ip address
 shutdown
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface Serial0/0/0:23
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 isdn switch-type primary-ni
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager
 no cdp enable
!
interface Serial0/1/0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 tx-ring-limit 128
 tx-queue-limit 128
 serial restart-delay 0
 frame-relay lmi-type ansi
!
interface Serial0/1/0.1 point-to-point
 ip address 162.5.101.1 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf mtu-ignore
 frame-relay interface-dlci 201
!
interface Serial0/1/0.2 point-to-point
 ip address 162.5.102.1 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf mtu-ignore
 frame-relay interface-dlci 202
!
router ospf 1
 log-adjacency-changes
 network 10.5.100.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
 network 10.5.200.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
 network 162.5.101.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
 network 162.5.102.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
 network 172.5.100.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
 network 172.21.51.193 0.0.0.0 area 0
 network 172.21.51.0 0.0.0.255 area 0
!
ip forward-protocol nd
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.21.51.193
ip http server
no ip http secure-server
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
control-plane
!
!
!
voice-port 0/0/0:23
!
ccm-manager redundant-host 172.21.51.204
ccm-manager mgcp
no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco
ccm-manager music-on-hold
ccm-manager config server 172.21.51.205
ccm-manager config
!
mgcp
mgcp call-agent 172.21.51.205 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1
mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band
mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse
mgcp package-capability rtp-package
mgcp package-capability sst-package
mgcp package-capability pre-package
mgcp default-package mt-package
no mgcp timer receive-rtcp
mgcp sdp simple
mgcp fax t38 ecm
mgcp fax t38 inhibit
mgcp bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0.250
mgcp bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0.250
!
mgcp profile default
!
!
!
dial-peer voice 1 pots
 service mgcpapp
 port 0/0/0:23
!
!
!

line con 0
 logging synchronous
 terminal-type mon
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
 password 7 110A1A0C12
 logging synchronous
 login
 terminal-type mon
!
scheduler allocate 20000 1000
end

!!!!!!!!*****CCM-MANAGER*****!!!!!!!!

R1#show ccm
MGCP Domain Name: R1
Priority        Status                   Host
Primary         Registered               172.21.51.205
First Backup    Backup Ready             172.21.51.204
Second Backup   None

Current active Call Manager:    172.21.51.205
Backhaul/Redundant link port:   2428
Failover Interval:              30 seconds
Keepalive Interval:             15 seconds
Last keepalive sent:            21:22:41 UTC Feb 6 2010 (elapsed time: 00:00:00)
Last MGCP traffic time:         21:22:41 UTC Feb 6 2010 (elapsed time: 00:00:00)
Last failover time:             03:23:58 UTC Feb 6 2010 from (172.21.51.205)
Last switchback time:           03:24:43 UTC Feb 6 2010 from (172.21.51.204)
Switchback mode:                Graceful
MGCP Fallback mode:             Not Selected
Last MGCP Fallback start time:  None
Last MGCP Fallback end time:    None
MGCP Download Tones:            Disabled
TFTP retry count to shut Ports: 2

Backhaul Link info:
    Link Protocol:      TCP
    Remote Port Number: 2428
    Remote IP Address:  172.21.51.205
    Current Link State: OPEN
    Statistics:
        Packets recvd:   2
        Recv failures:   0
        Packets xmitted: 2
        Xmit failures:   0
    PRI Ports being backhauled:
        Slot 0, VIC 0, port 0
Configuration Auto-Download Information
=======================================
Current version-id: 1265486778-906c0a84-95de-4025-ae5b-2da0d1008750
Last config-downloaded:00:00:00
Current state: Waiting for commands
Configuration Download statistics:
        Download Attempted             : 5
          Download Successful          : 5
          Download Failed              : 0
          TFTP Download Failed         : 20
        Configuration Attempted        : 2
          Configuration Successful     : 2
          Configuration Failed(Parsing): 0
          Configuration Failed(config) : 0
Last config download command: New Registration
FAX mode: disable
Configuration Error History:

!!!!!!!!*****ISDN STATUS*****!!!!!!!!

R1#show isdn stat
Global ISDN Switchtype = primary-ni

%Q.931 is backhauled to CCM MANAGER 0x0003 on DSL 0. Layer 3 output may not
apply

ISDN Serial0/0/0:23 interface
        dsl 0, interface ISDN Switchtype = primary-ni
        L2 Protocol = Q.921 0x0000  L3 Protocol(s) = CCM MANAGER 0x0003
    Layer 1 Status:
        ACTIVE
    Layer 2 Status:
        TEI = 0, Ces = 1, SAPI = 0, State = MULTIPLE_FRAME_ESTABLISHED
    Layer 3 Status:
        0 Active Layer 3 Call(s)
    Active dsl 0 CCBs = 0
    The Free Channel Mask:  0x8000003F
    Number of L2 Discards = 0, L2 Session ID = 7
    Total Allocated ISDN CCBs = 0

!!!!!!!!*****CALL ROUTING*****!!!!!!!

Partitions:
PT_HQ_DEVICES
PT_USA
PT_GLOBAL
PT_HQ_CALLING_OUT
PT_HQ_CALLED_OUT

Calling Search Spaces
CSS_HQ_DEVICES
        PT_HQ_DEVICES
        PT_USA
CSS_HQ_CALLING_OUT
        PT_HQ_CALLING_OUT
CSS_HQ_CALLED_OUT
        PT_HQ_CALLED_OUT
CSS_GLOBAL
        PT_GLOBAL

HQ_GW
        Called Party Transformation CSS - CSS_HQ_CALLED_OUT
        Calling Party Transformation CSS_ CSS_HQ_CALLING_OUT
        Uncheck respective Use Device Pool

Called Party Transformation Pattern
        \+.!
        DDI: Predot
        PT_HQ_CALLED_OUT

Calling Party Transformation Pattern
        \+.!
        DDI:Predot
        PT_HQ_CALLING_OUT

Translation Patterns

911
        PT_USA
        CSS_GLOBAL
        Prefix +
        Number Type Unknown
        Urgent Priority
        Uncheck Provide Outside Dial Tone
9.911
        PT_USA
        CSS_GLOBAL
        DDI:  Predot
        Prefix +
        Number Type Unknown
        Urgent Priority
        Uncheck Provide Outside Dial Tone
9.[2-9]XXXXXX
        PT_USA
        CSS_GLOBAL
        DDI Predot
        Prefix +
        Number Type Subscriber
        Uncheck Provide Outside Dial Tone
9.1[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX
        PT_USA
        CSS_GLOBAL
        DDI Predot
        Prefix +
        Number Type National
        Uncheck Provide Outside Dial Tone
9.011!
        PT_USA
        CSS_GLOBAL
        DDI Predot
        Prefix +
        Number Type International
        Uncheck Provide Outside Dial Tone
9.011!#
        PT_USA
        CSS_GLOBAL
        DDI Predot
        Prefix +
        Number Type International
        Uncheck Provide Outside Dial Tone

Device Pool
        HQ_DP
                Local Route Group: HQ_GW
Route Group
        HQ_GW
                Includes the MGCP Gateway R1 that is registered to CUCM
Rout List
        RL_LOCAL
                Standard Local Route Group
Route Pattern
        \+!
        RL_LOCAL
        Use Calling Party’s External Phone Number Mask