From: scott carruthers [mailto:scarruthe...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 3:02 PM
To: Mark Nigh; ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: RE: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Manipulating IP Phone Called Number Display

Mark,

The configuration was on proctorlabs gear and is now gone but I can easily
summarize.

Recap of goal - after user makes an international call the calling party's IP
phone display should be updated and show 3432143333.

HQ Phone > dials 90113432143333 > hits route pattern 9011.! > within the route
pattern I am stripping predot solely for the purpose of affecting the final
display on the calling party phone > call is sent to a route list that contain
a single route group that contains the HQ H.323 GW > the route list-route group
DNIS manipulation strips predot and prefixes a 9011 - I want to send this as
9011! to the H323 GW so that I only need a single dial peer for CM/SRST
functionality > call is sent to the H323 GW.

In this flow I would expect the originating IP phone to show the called number
of 3432143333 or only the manipulation thru the route pattern.  If this worked
as I would have expected I would have met the goal.  But instead the
originating IP phone shows 90113432143333.  I can make this work without a
problem - I went back and took the DNIS manipulation off of the route pattern -
had the route list manipulate it to 3432143333 - and then have a dial peer on
the GW prefix 011.  But obviously not ideal - need another dial peer for SRST -
and this just isn't how I expected it to function.

Again I thought the rule was the phone will only reflect the manipulation up to
and thru the route pattern but not what is done in the route list.

Thanks
Scott