It's an old R&S lab trick.  Hold down Ctrl+v first, then release and
type the question mark.  It should come in as a literal character and
not a navigation key of the CLI.

Earl Hough CCIE #16508 (R&S/Security)

From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Ashar
Siddiqui
Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2010 10:45 PM
To: CCIE Voice OSL (ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com)
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Translation rule?

Hi,

How can you enter the following translation rule on a router?

voice translation-rule 100
rule 1 /5+44?\(598\)$/ /693\1/

I cannot add this command on my router....as soon as I enter ? , the
router thinks that I am asking about some command!

--

ProctorLab>en
ProctorLab#conf t

ProctorLab(cfg-translation-rule)#rule 1 /5+44 ?
% Unrecognized command
ProctorLab(cfg-translation-rule)#rule 1 /5+44?
WORD/

ProctorLab(cfg-translation-rule)#rule 1 /5+44\?% trailing \
% Unrecognized command
ProctorLab(cfg-translation-rule)#rule 1 /5+44/?
/

ProctorLab(cfg-translation-rule)#rule 1 /5+44

Any clue?

--

The information contained in this transmission is confidential. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or organization(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or further distribution is
not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by
PC Mall, Inc. Furthermore, PC Mall, Inc. is not responsible for
the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this
communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.