1) the bandwidth limit statement limits the available bandwidth to 10% of the link speed (in this case 10% of 1Gb/s is 100 Mb/s). 2) the srr-queue bandwidth shape 25 0 0 0 statements set a maximum of 1/25 (or 4%) of the available bandwidth which results in 4% of 100Mb/s or 4Mb/s maximum bandwidth for queue 1. 3) the srr-queue bandwidth Shared 30 20 25 25 statement sets a minimum bandwidth guarentee for queues 2 at 28%, Q3 at 35% and Q4 also at 35% of the available bandwidth. The % are calculated as follows Q2 = 20/20+25+25 Q3&Q4 = 25/20+25+25

This will result in a maximum of 4Mb/s on Q1, a minimum of 28Mb/s on Q2, and a minimum of 35Mb/s on Q3 and Q4.

Brian

On 6/29/2011 5:25 PM, Emin Guliyev wrote:

Adam,

I have had the same exact question. As far as I know, you could only assign bandwidth to inbound priority queue. If someone sheds a light on this, it would be appreciated.

Thank,

Emin

*From:*ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com [mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] *On Behalf Of *adam compton
*Sent:* Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:43 PM
*To:* <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
*Subject:* [OSL | CCIE_Voice] 3750 egress priority queue

I've had practice questions that state to guarantee traffic for the priority queue, but it also says shape queue 1 to 30%. As I would normally understand it, to enable the priority queue you need the following command on a port:

priority-queue out

If you use this command SRR shaping and sharing is ignored for the priority-queue. priority-queue with that command is serviced until empty, so no srr involved at all. So how can I "guarantee traffic for the priority queue" while also shaping queue 1 to 30%. Seems like conflicting statements...

Adam Compton