Hey Adam,

As promised, here is the test you can do for the priority-queue out.
(Double check me on this, since I don't come from a R&S background)

On my HQ Switch, I enabled auto qos on all the phone ports (trust phone)
On the uplink port to HQ-RTR (for me is fas0/23)
I set srr-queue bandwidth shape 65500 0 0 0 - which will make the effective
bandwidth for queue 1 to about 2 b/s

Make sure only cos 5 and dscp 46 is mapped to q1 thres 3, and all others are
mapped somewhere else.
At this point, we will test 2 scenarios on the uplink port.
1. With the priority-queue out command
2. Without the priority-queue out command

But before we continue…
Need to find your asic port number for the uplink port.
Use the this command "show platform pm if-numbers"
Then to see how many drops on that port, use this command.
"show platform port-asic stats drop port 25"  <-my fas0/23 = 25
(these commands are in the "Cisco Catalyst 3750 QoS Configuration Examples"
at the very bottom)
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_tech_note09186a0080883f9e.shtml

So on with the test...

1. With the priority-queue out cammand scenario
Issue the priority-queue out command on the uplink port.
Make calls from Hq1 to BR1 and Hq2 to BR2.
Then run the show platform port-asic stat drop port # command again.

Port 25 TxQueue Drop Statistics
    Queue 0              <- this is queue 1
      Weight 0 Frames 0
      Weight 1 Frames 0
      Weight 2 Frames 0   <- no drops
    Queue 1
      Weight 0 Frames 0
      Weight 1 Frames 0
      Weight 2 Frames 0
    Queue 2
      Weight 0 Frames 0
      Weight 1 Frames 0
      Weight 2 Frames 0
    Queue 3
      Weight 0 Frames 0
      Weight 1 Frames 0
      Weight 2 Frames 0

On the BR1 phones, press ? ? to see send / receive packets.
they increment at the same rate.

2. Without the priority-queue out scenario
remove the priority-queue out command
Make calls again from 2 Hq phones to 2 BR1 phones.
Then run the show platform port-asic command again.

Port 25 TxQueue Drop Statistics
    Queue 0
      Weight 0 Frames 0
      Weight 1 Frames 0
      Weight 2 Frames 3960      <===== voice packets dropping
    Queue 1
      Weight 0 Frames 0
      Weight 1 Frames 0
      Weight 2 Frames 0
    Queue 2
      Weight 0 Frames 0
      Weight 1 Frames 0
      Weight 2 Frames 0
    Queue 3
      Weight 0 Frames 0
      Weight 1 Frames 0
      Weight 2 Frames 0
  Supervisor TxQueue Drop Statistics

On the BR1 phones, press ? ? again.
You will see the RCVR packets either coming in really slow or none at all.

Conclusion:
Priority-queue out command will ignore what is configured on the shape for
queue 1, and service that queue until empty, as doc says.

The question then is:
What is a "priority queue"?  Not "priority-queue" or a "strict priority
queue".  the documentation does not mention priority queue for 3750 outside
of enabling the priority queue out.
In older switches the p-q was able to be rate limited.  Wonder if the lab
designers are using that assumption.

Again check my sanity on this test.
Thanks

Sam