Hi Follow Labbers:

I am writing to get help with my lab. I have been struggling with something
as simple as outbound calls to the PSTN! I had got stuck with Vol 1 lab 5.2
(Standard local route) and despite many suggestions I just couldn't get it
working. So, I back tracked and tried the simplest step to make an outbound
call and still not able to do so. What gives?
This is my failed attempt:

Created:
H323 gateway on HQ
MGPC gateway on BR1

911 route pattern

* As long as I don't create route groups and point directly to h323 or mgcp
gateway, my outbound to pstn works.

Then I created:
rg-test --> 10.10.200.3 (h323 gw)
rl-test --> rg-test
911 --> rl-test
partitions --> none

HQ
dial-peer voice 911 pots
desti-pa 911
port 0/0/0:23
forward digits 3

dial 911 from HQ phones and get busy tone
debug isdn 931 shows nothing
but, csim start 911 working, so dial peer is correct

did the above test (rg, rl, rp)  for BR1 phones too with mgcp and get busy
tone. Again, if I point rp straight to mgcp gw, then it works.
started everything from Lab 1, just in case I did something wrong, reloaded
routers, went over walk-through video step by step, consulted srnd, looked
into other vendor videos.

I have not been able to get past Vol 1 Lab 5... Any feedback or suggestion
will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
VOIPER