Randall,
I don't know if this will work, but its the only thing I can think of...
Use cor to ensure that only the initiating phone can call the conference
dn.  Of course this means that other phones cannot join the conference,
so... add another ephone-dn with the same number as the conference dn, but
a higher preference.  This dummy dn has a forward all to the conference dn,
and an outgoing cor that would allow that call.
Like I say, just a guess!