I documented my strategy in my blog if interested. Part 2 in the series focuses
on building various tables and the read-through portion of the exam:

http://ucguerrilla.com/2013/04/ccie-voice-lab-strategy-part-2-read.html

Looking back at my notes, I have the following Ent / Service params that I
updated by default:

Enterprise Parameters:

Auto Registration Protocol: SCCP
BLF for Call Lists: Enabled
Advertise G722 Codec: Disabled
URL Authentication: set IP instead of name
URL Directories: set IP instead of name
URL information: set IP instead of name
URL Services: set IP instead of name
Connection Monitor Duration: 60  (or do this at a device pool level)

Service Parameters
BRQ Enabled: True
T302 timer: 5000
H225 T302 timer: 5000
G722 codec enabled: Disabled
iLBC codec enabled: Disabled
Intraregion Audio codec default: G729
Inter-region Audio codec default: G729
Automated Alternate Routing: True
Enable Mobile Voice Access: True
Inbound Calling Search Space for Remote Destination: Remote Destination Profile
+ Line Calling Search Space
System Remote Access Block Numbers: <update as needed>
Transfer on-hook enabled: True
Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Unity: True
Max Forward unregistered hops to DN: 1
Allow peer to preserve h323 calls: True    /*need to add appropriate
configuration on h323*/

Another service parameter I have seen people modify is the "stop routing on
unallocated number" parameter. People mod this to allow calls to hunt around a
H323 gateway that has a PRI which is down. I didn't use this method because I
think it is the wrong approach to fixing that problem. I leveraged the IOS
config command: "no dial-peer out status pots"

HTH.

-Bill

--
William Bell, CCIE #38914