Speak to your local friendly NMR spectroscopist - they should be able to
tell you quite quickly how much of your protein is disordered/flexible
in solution, from a few relatively quick experiments.  With a bit more
effort, they can even tell you which residues (!)

Also, have you looked at your crystal packing?  Can your 'half' protein
form a sensible crystal, with contact interfaces in all 3 dimensions?
And, is there room for a second domain?  Does the estimated solvent
content of your crystals (from Matthews in CCP4) correlate with what you
can visualise, in terms of 'empty' space around your electron density?

Regards,  Antony.

--
Dr Antony W Oliver
Cancer Research UK: DNA Repair Enzymes Group

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
020 7153 5488
--
>>> "shivesh kumar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/03/06 7:51 AM >>>
Dear all,
At present we have 2.4A resolution.the protein is supposed to have two
domains separated by a 8-residues linker region with 3 glycines which we
have checked with DisEMBL.So,one domain is can be flexible.We have done
the
mass spectroscopy of the protein solution itself and we are trying to
check
with the crystals also.There is no tag in the protein.We kept two
acetate
molecules and 13 water molecules and it has two bound calciums.
ThanX in advance.
shivesh