Others have made excellent comments and suggestions. I would also offer the following precedent:

Loris et al, JBC, 278:28252, 2003 where electron density of only half of the MazE protein was detected, with the rest of the 82 aa protein disordered but present in the crystal.

The structure of the MazE/MazF complex showed that the remaining half of MazE formed an extended chain that cofolded with the MazF partner (Kamada et al, Mol Cell, 11:875, 2003). In the absence of MazF, this half of MazE would not fold, consistent with the absence of defined structure in the MazE/antibody cocrystal structure.

Regards,

Song

Dear all,
At present we have 2.4A resolution.the protein is supposed to have two domains separated by a 8-residues linker region with 3 glycines which we have checked with DisEMBL.So,one domain is can be flexible.We have done the mass spectroscopy of the protein solution itself and we are trying to check with the crystals also.There is no tag in the protein.We kept two acetate molecules and 13 water molecules and it has two bound calciums.
ThanX in advance.
shivesh

--

Dr. Song Tan
Associate Professor in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology