and a much less famous case, giving me an opportunity for beating my own drum:
two structures of the bacteriophage T4 short tail fibre in which the N-terminal parts are disordered and it was not possible to model crystallographic contacts along the c-axis:

M.J. van Raaij, G. Schoehn, M.R. Burda & S. Miller (2001) Crystal structure of a heat- and protease-stablepart of the bacteriophage T4 short tail fibre. J. Mol. Biol. 314, 1137-1147.

E. Thomassen, G. Gielen, M. Schuetz, G. Schoehn, J.P. Abrahams, S. Miller & M.J. van Raaij (2003) The structure of the receptor-binding domain of the bacteriophage T4 short tail fibre reveals a knitted trimeric metal-binding fold. J. Mol. Biol. 331, 361-373.

Mark

Quoting "Dunten, Pete W." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Another famous case of a missing domain - the tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase studied by Fersht and colleagues. See Brick, Bhat, & Blow JMB 208:83 (1989). There is no connectivity (i.e. continuous packing) along one of the crystallographic axes.

And another thing for you to try - contour at a lower level than the usual one sigma.

Pete