Hi-

I just wanted to point you to a nice example of using Wikipedia in a
very simple way:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_tools_for_molecular_microscopy

This is a web page listing the programs used in EM. It was started by
one person, Bridget Carragher at Scripps, in relation with a JSB
special issue, and has grown into a well-maintained collection of
nearly all the software tools in the field. If you look at the
history, the updates are done by the groups publishing the programs
themselves, and there is very little problem with vandalism.

Of course, a much smaller project than a full CCP4 wiki, but I think
quite encouraging in the usefulness and robustness of the Wiki
approack.

-Christoph