Hi,

I personally am not concerned as much (as I should be?) with the security
- Wiki's tend to get attacked but as you point out the databases contain
all the old articles and can be backed up on a regular basis.

There has been enough concern expressed to me by different folks that I
took down the xtals.org/wiki, in order to avoid confusion.

I would guess the biggest advantage of a truly commercial solution for
this wiki is the fact that it would be managed and backed up by someone
who is paid for their services.

For all it's worth, I generally agree with the proponents of the more
"open" approach to wiki - such as articles could be written by anyone who
has a 'real name registration'. Any kind of rigorous procedure designed to
select 'worthy' contributors goes against the spirit of the whole
enterprise, in my opinion :)

Artem