Shivesh,

Having gone down the "needles vs. crystals" route
recently, my two suggestions would be:

1) Lower the protein concentration to 10 mg/ml

2) Slightly lower your precipitant percentage, say to
26%.  My situation involved PEG4000, and I noticed
that modifying the protocol to PEG8000 at a slightly
lower percentage worked much better in obtaining
rectangular plates versus needle clusters.

Best,
Jim

--- shivesh kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I am trying to crystallize a 7kDa protein with MPD
> as a precipitant.I got
> the needles with precipitation in two days at 30%
> and in 4-5 days,needles
> appear in all the drops(pH 3.8-4.8).The
> concentration of protein is around
> 20mg/ml and the volume of mother liquor in
> 500microlt.What should I do to
> get good crystals,the temp. I am trying is 16C.Thanx
> in advance for the
> suggestions.
> Shivesh Kumar

Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
Finder tool.
http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/