From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 7. august 2007 19:18
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] needles vs crystals

Shivesh,

In addition to the comments that have been made already, I would try
seeding with the needles (or pieces thereof) - macroscopic, or take a
couple of needles and crush them up into really small pieces and use
various dilutions of these very small pieces for seeding. You could do
that by serial dilution and adding a small amount to each new drop, or
you could use the cat whisker /horse hair approach to distribute some of
the nuclei to new drops.

Good luck.

Mark