Hard to say without more information.

Have you refined the B factors for these residues? Most building software gives some arbitrary b value, which must then be refined. (In fact after any rebuilding activity you need to do a few cycles of refinement before looking at the maps again)

Eleanor

Sun Tang wrote:
Hello Everyone,
When I refined a structure, I found strong difference density Fo-Fc at 3 sigma contour for the for five residues which already have occupancy of 1. The density is continuous and so strong as if I did not put the residues there. Why was that? Can I put greater than 1 occupancy for those residues? Thank you very much for your opinions and suggestions! Best wishes, Sun Tang