On Jun 2, 2008, at 11:51 AM, Jim Fairman wrote:
There is a new company around that makes a 3D capable 22 inch flat screen LCD monitor (http://www.iz3d.com) capable of a maximum resolution of 1680x1050. It is originally designed for the purpose of playing video games in 3D, but looks promising for ridding ourselves of the huge bulky CRTs.

I have looked at the specs for this iz3d monitor and the Zalman ZM-220W (http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/Product_read.asp? Idx=219). Both are attractive since they are passive stereo. Under linux, I am pretty sure neither of these will work, at least not with a Nvidia card. The iz3d uses a non-standard "front-back" 3D imaging, and you need their special drivers only available on Windoz. The Zalman is a bit more promising since it does "left-right", but the monitor uses interlacing to present the left & right images. The nvidia xorg driver does have two interlaced stereo modes for quadro cards, but who knows if either of these would work.