Yes, it could be the reason that protein concentration is high. The SDS-PAGE
shows big blob of purified protein of probable size. I can try rapid
dilution method.

Since it is in 8M Urea I have not estimated it yet by any protein estimation
assay, but I am sure that protein concentration is high.

I wish to know how to proceed after rapid dilution,  say 8M Urea to 0.8M
Urea in one step and after that? How do I go from 0.8M to 0M urea, here I
have to go gradually? or stepwise? or again rapid dilution? This reduced the
concentration of the protein. That is not very big problem as I have
concentrators.

Thanks a lot for help and suggestions.

Sanjiv Kumar
Lab. No. 411,
Functional Genomics Unit,
Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology,
New Delhi-110007
India