If using Linux, definitely a dedicated NVidia - their drivers are the best
supported by far.  There are also some issues right now with the drivers for
some of the integrated Intel graphics cards, a bug with handling OpenGL
applications which prevents O, Coot, and PyMOL from working properly, among
others.  If using Windows or Mac, anything will do but I would go with a
dedicated card to keep the load off the CPU so it runs much smoother when
moving.  I've used discrete NVidia cards in all of my systems, always worked
without any problems.

Stuart

Stuart Endo-Streeter, Ph.D
Dept. Computer Science