What about the possibility of double-blind review? I have actually
wondered why the reviewers should be given the author info--does that
determine the quality of the work? Am I missing some obvious reason
why reviewers should know who the authors are?

JPK

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Phoebe Rice <pr...@uchicago.edu> wrote:
> Journal editors need to know when the reviewer they trusted is completely out
> to lunch. So please don't just silently knuckle under!
> It may make no difference for Nature, but my impression has been that
> rigorous journals like JMB do care about review quality.
>  Phoebe

> Phoebe A. Rice
> Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
> The University of Chicago
> phone 773 834 1723
> http://bmb.bsd.uchicago.edu/Faculty_and_Research/01_Faculty/01_Faculty_Alphabetically.php?faculty_id=123
> http://www.rsc.org/shop/books/2008/9780854042722.asp

>>> e., all plausibly accountable electron density (and not more) is