Rosetta strains carry a plasmid that supplies several tRNAs that match codons
that are rare in E. coli.  This is quite different than being explicitly
optimized to express mammalian proteins.  We (the Center for Eukaryotic
Structural Genomics, a PSI-1 and PSI-2 center) used strains with the same tRNA
plasmid (either pRARE or pRARE2) to express proteins from yeast, Arabidopsis,
some thermophilic eukaryotes, mouse, frog, human and zebrafish proteins.  It
seemed to work just fine for all of them.