Dear Jacob,

     See the paper by J. Wang cited at the end of Francis Reyes's message
under this thread yesterday: it is a case of exactly what you are talking
about.

     With best wishes,

          Gerard.

--
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 10:05:44AM -0500, Jacob Keller wrote:
> What about a case in which two investigators have differences about
> what cutoff to apply to the data, for example, A thinks that Rsym of
> 50 should be used regardless of I/sig, and B thinks that I/sig of 2
> and Rpim should be used. Usually A would cut off the data at a lower
> resolution than B, especially with high multiplicity, so B would love
> to have the images to see what extra info could be gleaned from a
> higher-res cutoff. Or the converse, A is skeptical of B's cutoff, and
> wants to see whether the data according to A's cutoff justify B's
> conclusion. Don't these types of things happen a lot, and wouldn't
> images be helpful for this?
>
> JPK

     * Gerard Bricogne                     g...@globalphasing.com  *
     * Global Phasing Ltd.                                         *
     * Sheraton House, Castle Park         Tel: +44-(0)1223-353033 *
     * Cambridge CB3 0AX, UK               Fax: +44-(0)1223-366889 *