This is in response to a comment to this thread
Kevin,
Could you explain how that worked?
How do you know your method worked?
Did you estimate the lipopolysaccharide before and after the method?

The method already mentioned here to wash using TritonX100 makes sense.
by washing bound protein sample May able to phase separate into
detergent micellar phase and get rid of endotoxins.

Most widely accepted method to separate is by two phase micellar system.
above the CMC endotoxins will be accomodated by micelles through non-polar
interactions of alkyl chains of lipidA.

Padayatti PS

--
Pius S Padayatti,PhD,