To Pius,

In my case, the protein/biopolymer is Lysine/amine riched.

1. Lys or Arg are mainly positively charged under pH 7.0 ~ 8.0, and
then provide positively charge to LPA. Of course, some metal cations
could also be involved in LPA binding.

2. Tris with the NH2 group could also be protonated and positively
charged under the same pH condition. This is why I use high
concentration Tris here.

3. Tris buffer could function as an ionic-exchange competitor for LPA
binding. If you look those commercial available Endotoxin assay kits,
they also use Tris buffer.

4. IPA could change the charge distribution on the surface of protein.
In usual, high% IPA could remove LPA efficiently but may cause protein
denature. In lot of cases, 5~10% IPA could help protein
crystallization to a larger size. As a tradeoff, it may also bring
down the packing quality.

In this case, I used it for endotoxin  removal.

5. NaCl (you can try other salt) would provide additional ion-strength
to Interfere (or weak) the ionic-paring between Lys/Arg and LPA.

6. If you can add EDTA to remove metal cation, it may be even better.
In my case, I could not use EDTA.

I tested the sample (1600EU/ml). After 3 days dialysis, it went down
to < 5EU/ml.  The assay kit for LPA measurement was from Charles River
(?). The procedure is too long to present here. The good thing is that
your sample would not be dehydrated and refold again.

I am saying this will work for protein in all of case, but you try in
an eppendorf tube like amini-prep.

I guess this method may have been  patented.