Hi,

Regarding the online image file storage issue, I just googled "cloud storage"
and had a look at the current pricing of such services. To my surprise, some
companies are offering unlimited storage for as low as $5 a month. So that's
$600 for 10 years. I am afraid that these companies will feel really sorry to
learn that there are some monsters called crystallographers living on our
planet.

In our lab, some pre-21st century data sets were stored on tapes, newer ones on
DVD discs and IDE hard drives. All these media have become or will become
obsolete pretty soon. Not to mention the positive relationship of getting CRC
errors with the medium's age. Admittedly, it may become quite a job to upload
all image files that the whole crystallographic community generates per year.
But for individual labs, I think clouding data might become something worth
thinking of.

Zhijie