On 17/05/12 14:48, Ed Pozharski wrote:
On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 14:13 +0530, Faisal Tarique wrote:
to make disulphide  bond ie to connect cysteine with bme
While I believe that CYS+BME is a correct choice ideologically (you had
cysteine and bme reacted with it), note that you can use CME monomer
(it's listed as peptide in monomer libraries, so will incorporate fine).

On the other hand, I have added BME a number of times in coot and had no
problems.  Yes, the bond is not showing, likely because coot decides
which bonds to draw without much attention to atom type

In Coot 0.7, to draw a bond between monomers that don't have an implicit connection due their serial number, you need a LINK record. You can add a LINK using Extensions -> Modelling.

Coot 0.7 has an interface to (recent versions of) JLigand to make the generation and transfer of bespoke link information considerably more straightforward (and in so doing will generate a LINK for you).

Paul.