Human carbonic anhydrase II and any sulfonamide. We use a variety of alkylsulfonamides (everyone can have a different ligand and they are easy to model) or you can use commercially available inhibitors like benzenesulfonamide, sulfanilamide, acetazolamide, etc. A 30 second soak is sufficient to populate the active site. Kd values are in the nanomolar to picomolar range for most inhibitors. 1 mM or superstoichiometric, whichever is smaller, is sufficient.

Doug Juers at Whitman does a nice teaching lab with bovine trypsin and benzamidine. I am gong to plagiarize that one (with Doug's permission) for my teaching lab when I get tired of human CA-II.

Cheers,

_______________________________________
Roger S. Rowlett
Gordon & Dorothy Kline Professor