In their paper K & D monitored the electron  density for their coffactor and
could verify that adding higher resolution shells based on the CC1/2 statistics
improved the way it looked. I'm not sure they monitored bond-distances and/or
esd's but those may well have been affected by restraints and weights anyway,
in the reoslution they worked (~1.45 A?). It might be more difficult to judge
the effect of including higher resolution shells if there isn't a feature that
is easy to monitor as you increase the resolution. In one of the cases that I'm
working on I certainly noticed better geometry and e.d. for the co-factor upon
adding (somewhat) higher resolution shells.

 Cheers,

           Boaz

Boaz Shaanan, Ph.D.
Dept. of Life Sciences
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Beer-Sheva 84105
Israel

E-mail: bshaa...@bgu.ac.il
Phone: 972-8-647-2220  Skype: boaz.shaanan
Fax:   972-8-647-2992 or 972-8-646-1710