Hi Bernhard,

do you refer to the PDB who, according to Martyn, remove the altloc
indicator? That's certainly a serious bug that should be fixed as
quickly as possible.

Within refmac the preservation is fine and as you would expect it to
be: altA only sees atoms in altA and those witout altLoc, etc, which
makes sure you PDB file is interpreted correctly by refmac5. That's
how I refmac works.

Best,
Tim

- --