Dear Shijun,

You can find a lot of information about these programs on the SHELX homepage, now moved to shelx.uni-goettingen.de See in particular the sections "Tutorials & talks" and "SHELX Workshops". Converting the .phs file to .mtz is not needed for looking at the map (Coot can read .phs directly), and is not recommended for refinement. If you convert .phs to .mtz and use that for refinement, if you are not careful the resolution for the refinement may then be much better that you actually measured, because you are refining against the "free lunch" resolution-extended data.

Best wishes, George Sheldrick

On 28.12.2016 11:43, 张士军 wrote:
Dear Kay
     You mean after convert .phs to .mtz ,use the .mtz file refine the initial
structure model? By the way , what's the difference between this density map
with the density map modified after phaser-EP density modification? Thanks a
lot!!!
Best Regard
Shijun

-----原始邮件-----
发件人: "Kay Diederichs" <kay.diederi...@uni-konstanz.de>
发送时间: 2016年12月28日 星期三
收件人: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
抄送:
主题: Re: [ccp4bb] SAD phasing

Dear Shijun,

hkl2map is a very nice graphical user interface that makes it easy to use the
SHELX programs; I've used it successfully around 3A. You find documentation and
download information for SHELX C/D/E and hklmap in the CCP4 community wiki, at
http://strucbio.biologie.uni-konstanz.de/ccp4wiki/index.php/SHELX_C/D/E

hkl2map also writes a script, xxx_phs2mtz.csh

#!/bin/csh -f
#
# Shell script for converting phs to mtz-format
# This script was written by HKL2MAP 0.4.c-beta
# f2mtz keeps order of columns
# cad picks up things in a different order and then writes E1...E4
#
# To convert from phs to mtz type:
#    ./sad_phs2mtz.csh <name>.phs
#
set fname = $1:r
f2mtz hklin ${fname}.phs hklout t_tmp.mtz > t_f2mtz.log <<END
CELL 79.100 79.100 38.3 90 90 90
SYMM P212121
LABOUT H K L FP FOM PHIB SIGFP
CTYPOUT H H H F W P Q
END
#
cad hklin1 t_tmp.mtz hklout $fname.mtz > t_cad.log <<eof-cad
LABIN FILE 1 E1=FP E2=SIGFP E3=PHIB E4=FOM
LABOUT E1=FP E2=SIGFP E3=PHIB E4=FOM
eof-cad

that helps with the conversion of the .phs file to a .mtz file. The latter can
then be used in the buccaneer/refmac autobuild/refine pipeline provided by
ccp4i, to complete the structure.
Please note that for the final refinement stages (which involve manual model
adjustment), one should switch from this SHELXE-provided file to a .mtz file
written by XDSCONV or (C)TRUNCATE because SHELXE does not use the French&Wilson
procedure for converting intensities to amplitudes.

Hope that helps,

Kay