From: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> On Behalf Of Mark J. van Raaij
Sent: Saturday, February 4, 2023 14:32
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] [EXT] Re: [ccp4bb] Regarding the diffraction image

PS it’s probably not a salt crystal…TCEP is not a salt, your ligand I presume
is also not a salt, a small cleaved peptide neither. As to why previously in a
very similar condition you did get your desired protein plus (other) ligand
crystal, it just means the molecule (TCEP') crystallises in a similar condition
to your protein - I don’t think you can conclude much more than that (unless
there is some other difference like the TCEP being older this time and more
oxidised, for example).

Mark J van Raaij
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas, lab 20B
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia - CSIC
calle Darwin 3
E-28049 Madrid, Spain

tel. +34 91 585 4616 (internal 432092)