On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 2:31 AM, Eric Smith <space...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) vacuum desoldering gun: lots of people liked the Hakko 808, but it's
> discontiued. The Hakko FR-300 looks like a reasonable replacement, and sells
> for around $310. The drawback compared to the vacuum desoldering station
> with pencil tool is that the handpiece is much heavier and bulkier since it
> contains the vacuum pump; this is probably not an issue if you don't use it
> to do a lot of desoldering in a single session.

I have an Ungar one of those, that I got cheap because the glass
chamber was cracked. I've been meaning to have a crack at fixing it.

> 6) soldering iron with built-in squeeze-bulb - same bulb issue as #5, but
> even more awkward to handle

This is what I use at the moment. Perhaps this will be the spur that I
need to fix my Ungar?

It appears that an admin re-subscribed me and messages are coming
through again. Thanks admin!

--
Robert