On 07/13/2017 11:02 AM, jim stephens via cctalk wrote:

On 7/13/2017 12:31 AM, Eric Smith via cctalk wrote:
There are also vacuum desoldering stations that use "shop air" to derive the vacuum, rather than having an internal pump. I've never used them as I don't normally have an air compressor anywhere near my electronics
workbench.
This works very well. The best station for 7400 type IC's was a Weller vacuum desoldering station.

I have a Pace station at work with a vacuum pump in the box. At home I have one with a foot pedal that contains a venturi vacuum generator that requires compressed air. These work really well. I think the handpieces are model
SX-70.

Jon