Am 13.08.17 um 20:34 schrieb Jerry Weiss:
On Aug 13, 2017, at 12:59 PM, Ulrich Tagge <u.ta...@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Jerry,

I have tried with PDP11GUI, but the first message says "The image contains only
505856 bytes, but disk has 512512 bytes".
I have written some disks, and have ignored this message, but none of them is
readable under RT-11.
.dir dy0:
?DIR-F-Error reading directory

So I think the DSK format is different from the one PDP11GUI uses.
In the documentation I have seen, that the format is the same as SimH uses.
Image file format
Every DEC disk or tape is logically represented as a linear list of “blocks”.
The block size differs between 128 byte and 1024 bytes. Reading and writing is
based on block numbers.
The file format is that of SimH: a file image is just a stream of blocks.
Kermit would be a possibility, and I will try it later on.

Many Greetings
Ulrich

DEC OS’es typically do not do anything with track 0 on an RX02, and start with
track 1.  I can only guess that PDP11GUI is trying to use the entire disk.

If there is an option to start at track 1 or skip the first 30 (?) blocks, that
might work.

Note that ?DIR–F–Error reading directory is a hardware error.
Bad data would instead cause a ?DIR–F–Invalid directory.
You are right, and it looks like, that in the process of image writing, and reading my DY0: died.
Tested again with DY1: and the outcome is now ?DIR-F-Invalid directory

I have send a Mail to Joerg yesterday evening, and have asked about PDP11GUI and the possibility to write DSK images, now waiting for the outcome.

Many Greetings
Ulrich
Regards,
Jerry