>> > I think you're tilting windmills with that.
>> >
>> > PMAG-J apparently isn't related to any of the other turbochannel
>> > display adapters. Do you have the right Xserver package installed to
>> > drive it? AFAIK it's the "True Color Server", but I'm not sure what
>> > the package name is. UDWWSTSER450 or UDWXTXSER450 perhaps.
>> >

>> > ok
>> > bear.
>>
>> I installed to a fairly large disk so didn't skip any of the Xserver
>> packages, although for now I've just been trying to boot with a console
>> attached. So, not so sure if X is the issue.
>>
>> I can ping it, but no login prompt appears, just sits there.
>>
>> Thanks for your suggestion.
>>

> Can you boot in single user and check /etc/ttys to see what terminals are
> recorded there?
>
> Warner

Hi Warner,

This was actually one of the first things I tried - probably should have
mentioned it in the original post. It seemed fine. console was enabled,
as were the first few tty. Unless the device naming has me confused. I
will need to double check this tomorrow.

I also commented out the last line which appears to try and start the X
login prompt.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Aaron.