On 8/13/17, 11:15 PM, "cctech on behalf of Dominique Carlier via cctech"
<cctech-boun...@classiccmp.org on behalf of cct...@classiccmp.org> wrote:

>On 12/08/2017 19:35, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
>> the black one in the lower left
>>
>> it is a tantalum, which are known to short, try removing them
>>

>Yes ! It was this one that was shorted !
>I decided in the same way to repair the second disk drive but this time
>by taking some pictures.

It would be a good idea to replace all tantalum capacitors; if two
shorted, chances are others are on their way out soon, too. Sometimes,
tantalum capacitor failure is paired with a nasty epxlosion that can make
a mess of things.

Camiel