On 04/28/2020 09:12 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
I suppose they still charge you an insurance fee according to what you declared
as the value?

This seems like a pretty clear case of fraud, and you should report it to the
authorities.

Yes, seems correct to me. One thing to note, at least until VERY recently, FedEx ground and FedEx express were separate companies that shared web servers and shipping counters. FedEx ground used to be Roadway Package Systems. For some reasons, FedEx did not integrate that company after they bought them, might have been related to union seniority stuff or something.

But, apparently in just the last month or two, they have now started to integrate the two companies.

Anyway, you could sure write a letter to your state attorney general's office. I have gotten surprising results when making complaints. A couple years ago, Wagreens has deceptive yellow 2 for 1 labels in their OTC drug and vitamin shelves. Well, they were NOT 2 for the price of one -- they were buy two, get half off on the 2nd bottle, only. A few months after filing a complaint with the state EG's office, there was an aritcle about it in the newspaper, and they changed the policy. I assume other people also complained.

Jon