The point is Vadem made cpu's and I was unaware of that.

The distinction between the v30/v40/80188/80186 is blurry. Non intel or nec
versions perhaps habe additional idiosyncrasies.     On Tuesday, December 20,
2022, 11:04:36 PM EST, Cameron Kaiser via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

 > > Something like the HP LX series or even the portable ZEOS DOS palmtops
would probably be on-topic. The OmniGo 100LX behind me has a Vadem equivalent
of an 80186.
>  Vadem made 186 clones? They made dense glue for V40 based Ampro sbc's. Never
>knew they made cpus. Not saying they didn't, but if so that's a shocker to me.

It has a VG230 in it which apparently is a NEC V30HL variant. My mistake, it's
an 8086 clone, not an 80186.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- NEWS ITEM: Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery ------------------