Ok for cbm and atari yes I'm familiar with most of those. I meant in general.
And specifically where would you go for server related discussions for pII
through socket 771? Every classic/vintage forum seems to adhere to a classic in
it's own right (but perhaps totally valid) definition of obsolete hardware and
software. Remember before this stuff was classic it was overwhelmingly
considered to be obsolete junk. Win98/2000/XP has been moderately collectible
for a while. Don't care what category it falls into. Socket 775 stuff is more
or less just obsolete junk. There's a grouping between and contemporary
somewhat with those 2 and that's the early-ish server class, which no one may
_ever_ care much about, because it's comparitively rare (few can relate) and
lacks agp, so less then ideal for gaming. So where do I go for those
discussions?

As an aside 2000+\- beige boxes have become pretty collectible, and the larger
server cases like an Inwin A500 has a chassis that slides out. Real nifty.
It'll take a full size ssi-eeb mobo, and standard atx. If someone gets their
hands on 1 they'll likely toss the serverboard and replace it with something
more appropriate for gaming.

On Wednesday, December 21, 2022, 01:49:24 AM EST, Jim Brain via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

On 12/21/2022 12:28 AM, Chris via cctalk wrote:
> I keep hearing allusions to many forums. I think there are very few. I don't
> do FB.

There are many web forums. Just for CBM, there's lemon 64, vcforum,
atariage (yes, CBM on atariage), denial, Everything 64, and 6502.org
handles a few things. If you can grok German, there's forum64.de

Mailing lists include cbm-hackers.

Apple, TI, Atari all have similar. AtariAge handles all of them
nominally. Retro Hackers also handles multiple.

Jim