I agree that we should probably use the intent of a specific era.

I believe that the world certainly dropped out of my personal definition of
'Classic' when the 386 came in.

I have an interest in things up to and including 80186, and they certainly
are not run of the mill.

Just my thoughts.

Doug Jackson