On Tue, 27 Dec 2022, Chris via cctalk wrote:
It cannot rely on bios/ms-dos services for compiling preferably. Iow I'd like to perform what I want to do on the target machine itself, LOL which is hysterical as I've never even seen it boot even once. I could complie on a standard pc I suppose and pop a disk in the Northstar Dimension. It would be nice if it's optimized for it's 80186. Or at least supports it's instructions. My goal is to get MINIX running on it, as the original Netware-86 OS has proven to be more rare then really anything else. From there I'd like to figure out how to support the pc compatible (or so we're told) logic boards that are plugged into the motherboard like standard isa cards, and even have 34 contacts on their card edge.

Am I misunderstanding something?  (or over-reacting to a typo?)
8 bit ISA cards, for 5150/5160 have 62 contacts.  not 34
I thought that the Northstar Dimension had same/similar

16 bit ISA (5170) is 98 pins? (including the 62 pin bus)
Apple 2 is 50
S100 is 100
SA400/450 (5.25") floppy interface is 34 contacts.
SA800/850 (8") interface is 50 contacts