On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 at 21:59, Angel M Alganza via cctalk
<cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Well, nobody teaches that... At least, nobody has taught me that, nor
> have I ever seen anybody do that.

In the early days, Apple did when it first introduced them, and some
of the 1st PC laptops with them played little tutorial videos.

But that was last century now.

> And I have seen many people
> complaining about how useless they are...

Me too,  but more seem to like than dislike them. :-(

And they are solid-state and take no maintenance or cleaning, so they
save manufacturers money. :-(

Also, they support gestures, for people weaned on touchscreens, so I
think their grip will not easily be broken.

I dislike gestures and turn them off. As I type, on a circa 14 year
old Thinkpad, which got a RAM upgrade yesterday, my trackpad is
disabled and I have only a CLIT mouse. (Centrally Located Input Tool,
of course.)

> Now, for the first time in my life, have I access to this extremely
> important information.

:-D

> Acceptably by which measurement? I hate them! I hate them! I hate them
> with all my might! I disable them in all laptops when possible, either
> by hardware or by software.
>
> But I'm trying one right now and, for the first time in many years,
> thanks to this very email of yours, I'm seeing the point of this
> freaking thing. I might even start to use it now instead of reaching for
> a mouse when keyboard shortcuts don't cut it (almost exclusively while
> browsing some very badly designed or heavily graphics loaded web sites).
>
> Thank you!

Oh, well, great. I am very happy I was able to help!

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lpro...@gmail.com