C: i took typing as a senior in 1985. The lady was a former military officer,
in her 60s or later. Everyone was scared shirtless of her. 1 puerto rican girl
who sat up front could do 90wpm. Me, I sat in the back. I'm still a very flawed
typist. Iow I suck.

Hm. I took typing in 7th grade and was able to type at a solid 70 words per minute. And it's the only class I flunked in.

Reason: We had selectrics with all the letters wiped off the keyboards to encourage us to type properly. I couldn't do it, so instead I simply memorized the keyboard layout, then did 3 finger+2 thumb hunt and peck through the class.

When the teacher realized this she was furious. Zero.